Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dallas will lose today's game!

Last night was so much fun. One of my brothers, Matt, bought me a ticket to the Sabres/Islanders game for my birthday. We went with our brother, Mike, and 3 of his friends. I'll start by saying, our seats were AMAZING!!! If I lived in Buffalo and was able to purchase season tickets, I would find seats like ours in their arena and call it a day. Understandably, we were surrounded by Islander fans. We all predicted, on the way there, that there would be a significant number of Sabres fan - yep, we were wrong. However, it is a great feeling to go 6 deep in Sabres gear and be a loud crew! I have to say, we definitely made our presence known.

Matt and I went down to the glass to watch the Sabres warm-up. Mainly because I wanted to see all the good looking players up close. So, in the middle of warm ups, here comes a puck between the glass and the net. It hit the security guard right in the back, he picks it up……….and………….GAVE IT TO ME!!! At first I felt a bad because little kids were running up to get it. I quickly recovered because they weren't Sabres fans!!! Why would you want a practice puck from a team you don't like. I feel they would have told their friends that it was an Islanders puck and we just can't have that false representation of the truth! I may have saved these kids from their first lie! But I digress…

Unfortunately, the Sabres ended up losing in a shoot out that went about 7 rounds. It was a huge bummer, but at least we gained a point! The most surprising factor, was we did not get an Islanders fans talking smack to us as we left the arena. I was very impressed!

What a fun night!!


Enjoy the quote!

"Truly great experiences occur when you open yourself to all the possibilities that a day could provide you with." - Me


…I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment