Sunday, January 31, 2010

hospital blues

As many know, I came home to NoVA for a couple weeks to help take care of my Mom during her recovery. She had a pretty intense surgery that lasted 4 hours. After that, she was in the recovery room for a little over an hour and a half. Luckily, they hospital put my Mom in a single room, where she was able to be the whole duration of her stay at the hospital. The surgeon had told us that my Mom would be in the hospital until Friday - Surprisingly enough, she was discharged Thursday evening, the next day after her surgery. Everyone at the hospital was shocked at how fast my mom was able to start recovering- although, this is just the beginning, she has a long road to complete recovery and is under strict orders for the next 6 -8 weeks.

It is amazing to see how high my Mom's tolerance for pain is. She had three children - all natural childbirth - no pain medication. She was in labor for 19 hours with her first child, my oldest brother, Michael. It amazes me!!! If I get a paper cut it's like I got stabbed.

Anyways, my Dad and I are taking great care of my Mom and she is loving having me home!!! Of course, I'm love being here -- I miss suburbia from time to time.

Enjoy the quote!!

"Strength comes from with in, it has to do with your entity of mind, body, and soul." - Me

..I'm just sayin..

No comments:

Post a Comment