Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why a Blog?

Welcome to Cracker Jack Dreams!

Let me preface this Blog by saying I just received a B.B.A in Visual Merchandising. The Job Search is going horribly, and I have always loved to write, but never pursued it. I don't have amazing travel stories, or a horrific life that people need to feel sorry for me. I have lived a fortunate life for a couple shy days of 25 years I have been alive. These are my own words and my real life experiences. This is just something to pass the time while wait for a company to realize my potential and take a chance on me!

Enjoy!

The only way I know how to express my feelings is through others quotes. Whether they be song quotes or quotes by other people. Somehow reading quotes makes me feel better. It probably is because each time I read one I realize, "wow, I'm not alone. Someone else has been in my shoes and made it out alive."

I have all these thoughts constantly wandering around my head. If you ask anyone who knows me, they will tell you I am not an emotional person. It is those few that have taken the time to get to know the real me that understand I am the person in their life who is consumed by the most emotion. I just have a hard time showing it.

It wasn't until a split second ago that I decided to start a blog to share my thoughts with those who are interested. Why? You may ask. It is as simple as a little thing called Facebook. Some of you may have heard of it?? While changing my status, (which if you ask any of my friends, is yes always a quote. and if you ask my oldest brother, its always stupid nonsense) I stumbled across a prophecy. My own prophecy, in my own words. Minutes after posted, I received numerous comments and pushes of the "like" button. But this was only the beginning of what made me decide to start this blog. It was one post in particular from a friend. "You don't understand how much I needed this right now. It's so true and it's a beautiful quote." Done! My personal quote and personal feelings, hit close to someone else's home. What other people's quotes had been doing for me for years!


Each night, of each day, (I am hoping this isn't like a pact I make with myself to lose weight and I can manage to commit this time) I will give a brief explanation of what caused the inspiration for the quote I wrote that night.

If no one reads this, I won't be surprised. But, if not for anything else, it is an outlet for my own thoughts, my own fears, and my own realities.


I wish you the simplicity of Cracker Jack Dreams,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment