Saturday, January 9, 2010

thank goodness for family

My parents came into town today, from Northern Virginia, to celebrate my Birthday. I will be turning 25 on Monday, January 11th. My brother, sister in law, and nephew also came over. Oh and of course, my roommate, and brother, Matt. It was a fun time. Mom made her famous buffalo wings -- came into town with her deep fryer, gallon of oil, and anchor bar sauce in hand. Dad made sure our wine glasses were always full and made martinis towards the end of the night. I was surprised with a cake and still have no clue how they snuck out to get it!!

The best part of the night, however, had to be playing Partini. If you've never heard of this game - educate yourself. If you don't own it - find your nearest Target and buy it!! It is a challenging, yet fabulous game!

It is, also, always great to be able to get together with the whole family. It seems to sometimes be so fast paced here, which makes it extra special to get a little break. There is a sense of security, especially when living in, what can sometimes be called, "the chaos of NYC".

My family seems to be a tad concerned with my love life. They definitely give a great boost of confidence, though, and really know how to bring me back to my senses and the reality of a current situation. I had become so caught up in the past, that (for lack of a better description) I wanted to try and stay there. Not realizing that EVERYTHING had changed, even myself and the other person involved. Do I hold hatred? I try not to...Am I upset? Can't help but be. However, the reality of the situation is that I need to be honest with myself and realize that I haven't known this person for quite sometime. If a person doesn't open up to you completely, it can never last.

Reality of the situation: I've got a lot going for me. Just got a degree. Turning 25 in two days. Will soon have a career. Have a great apartment in a great area and DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... I'm going to start dating again. It's time to date. I can honestly say, I don't think I ever have just "dated." It's always been relationship or single - nothing in between. I have never really gone out with different guys- just seeing what I want, don't want, like, or dislike.

Like I told my family on New Years Eve : THIS IS GOING TO BE MY YEAR!!! and I intend on keeping that hope!



Enjoy the quote. This is something I definitely need to try and live by.

"Try not to get so caught up in the past, that you forget how to live for the future. Change can be scary - but find the strength, so that all the opportunities you are meant to have are able to reveal themselves" -Me

...I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment